OzEaN's ViEw

My life, my views, my words.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Short but aims high

Friday, August 12, 2005

Amuse me

Well, I'm afraid juggling two jobs - accumulating 60-70 working hours - is finally taking a toll. I'm starting to cough and beginning to lose my voice. A couple of days ago after work on my day job (I'm off on my second job), I decided to take a nap. I had an alarm clock set for the next day just in case I actually fall asleep. I normally wake up at 6ish in the morning and start at 8am so imagine how much I panicked when I looked at the clock and it was quarter to 8! I bolted upright and was about to hurry out the door when I realized that it was quarter to 8 at night! Geez...talkin about workaholic paranoia! In any case, yesterday I worked both jobs, waking up at past 6am and sleeping at about 1:30am. My schedule for today is pretty much the same. It's a good thing that I'm actually going to be able to sleep in tomorrow since I don't start work until 4:15pm. I also got a phone call from one of my gal pals telling me that she was going to have dinner tonight, and of course, I can't come. Then another friend dropped by work last night and when she saw me, she told me that I looked like I lost weight! Now, it might not seem alarming but anyone would be alarmed as I was when they find out that on an average day, I weigh 95 lbs. My weight never passed 100 lbs. Although I know that this is normal for my body type, I really want to gain weight. But to lose it? I'll be bridging between normal body index and anorexia - and that can easily happen since it's hard for me to gain weight but easy to lose. Some people think I'm lucky to have this body type, and though I am grateful most of the time, it is also scary because it's riskier. I'm more prone to get sick (low immune system - and I must be suicidal for working two jobs) and prone to dehydration. In any case, I try to be healthy by exercising (mostly outside of gym - hiking, etc.) though I don't have much time for it lately. I haven't checked my weight yet but I don't think I lost that much - yet. I'll make it up this Saturday at my friend's wedding reception, ironically, also my birth date.

Well, I should probably get back to work...or try to find more things to amuse me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home