OzEaN's ViEw

My life, my views, my words.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Short but aims high

Monday, January 14, 2008

Would I look back in my life and regret it?

Well, I got some of my memory relapse back so here it goes:

I met up with some of my friends from the bay at NYC because they were spending new year's there. We went ice skating and watched a play (sort of) called Fuerza Bruta. It was a really good play.

Last weekend (the 4th), I went to the bay area to visit the same friends and then some. We watch 'Atonement' which was suprisingly really good and so sad. D.A.L. turned 21 on Christmas day so she celebrated it on the 5th (saturday). It was a wholata drama with S.V.T. for the reasons unbeknownst to people but M.C.V. and I were caught in the middle because we ended up being the mediators of some sort. They called us instead of each other to relay informations. Anyhow, long story short, S.V.T. got uninvited to the party. The bday girl wanted a formal dinner so we went to a restaurant that has the view of the bay in cocktail dresses, heels, coats and ties. Food was good and it was fun. After the dinner, some of us stayed at the hotel nearby and played drinking game. Long story short, bday girl got drunk and could not remember half of the things that happened that night...but I got pictures ;)

We had breakfast then we checked out at noon. We drove out to meet for lunch but we got lost for like half an hour or so before we were able to find our way. After lunch, I met up with S.V.T. and we went wall rock climbing. C.P.T. couldn't make it because he was too tired. That night I caught a red eye back to my home base.

Monday was rest day and thank goodness! My arms were so sore from rock climbing because I hadn't done it in a while. It was fun, though I had to take aleve twice.

I only worked once since. I went to Manchester, UK on Wednesday. That was eneventful. On the flight back there were a couple of passengers asking what there was to do in NYC at night. I told them I couldn't help them because I'm not a night life kind of person. They were shocked. They even looked at my hands to see if I was engaged or married. I told them that I'm an outdoors person - hiking, kayaking, etc. - and not life is not something I indulge very often. Guess I'm really weird.

Anyway, I started learning French via my roommate's Rosetta Stone and learning to knit after my trip. I'm making (or trying) table runner for my mom for mother's day. I figured 4 months would be enough to have it finished because I know I'll make mistakes and will be so slow. I know (well, a little) crochet and I finished my friend's scarf last week that I would give to her bday next month along with a white wine that I bought in Portugal.

I'm nervous. This is another year and the pressure of personal success is becoming more paramount and I could only pretend to know what I'm doing for so long. In the end, would I look back at my life and regret it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home