OzEaN's ViEw

My life, my views, my words.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Short but aims high

Saturday, January 12, 2008

I've been truly happy

Well it's been a while since I've written here because I forgot my username/email so let's see what I can remember.

First off, I wasn't able to come home for Christmas even though I had Christmas off because scheduling won't release me on the 24th because apparently we were short staffed but they still didn't use me. So I couldn't fly to back to make it to the Christmas Eve dinner and the Wii tournament that my cousin was hosting. Well, my friend who lives in the front building crashpad couldn't make it home to her house either even though she was released already because her flight for home got weight restricted. So since misery loves company, we ended up eating at Applebee's because that's the only one open for dinner. We called it a night at 8pm. But having a big family somewhat paid off because I have cousins near where I lived that I never knew about and I was able to have lunch with them on Christmas day.

I also didn't make it to the city with my friends for the New Year's Eve countdown because I was stuck in the airport for the AA meeting (gah, airport appreciation???) and my shift ended at 11:30pm. Ewe.

So, old new year's goals are still not complete with exception of traveling. I still have snow boarding, scuba diving, bunjee jumping and sky diving on the list. I guess I'll try to make some progress on those this year. But I added 2 goals this year: learning to knit and speak french. I've started on both so we'll see at the the end of the year how well I did with all these goals. Or if I even get a boyfriend. Sigh.

I'm going home next weekend and my younger brother would be coming home also from Iraq for vacation so that should be fun.

Anyway, time flies so fast and I don't really want to play catch up. But I know someday life will catch me head on and I just have to brace my self from the whirl wind that it would do to my life. Maybe then I can say that I've been truly happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home