OzEaN's ViEw

My life, my views, my words.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Short but aims high

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Why I wanted to be single

This morning I woke up at around 8:30am (I meant really woke up...I usually wake up at wee hours in the morning and then I go back to sleep), an hour before my alarm was set. But I didn't want to get up because I usually don't get to sleep in. When I was starting to fall asleep again, my co-worker called me. I didn't recognize the number so I picked it up because maybe it's "business." He just wanted to know something about the movie Harry Potter but he didn't ask because based on my voice, he figured I was sleeping when he called. He knew how important my sleep is, since most of my friends know how much I work - both in job and in school - plus I get insomnia attacks more times than I wanted. So he said he would just call me back. He didn't, of course, but oh well.

I started work at 12:15pm. Work was uneventful, less busy than usual. I got off work before 7pm and went straight to the district Holiday Party. It was held in the bowling alley. The games and the shoes were paid for. I didn't really want to go, especially after finding out that there wasn't going to be food. But I had to go because the boss of my boss was expecting me. It was also a given that I had to show up because I'm up for promotion next year. To make things worse, my boss called me before I left work and said she couldn't make it. She can bail but I cant. Go figure. And just an icing on top, none of my co-workers came. I was the only representative while other partners from the district were able to go. Bummer. I only stayed an hour. I bowled one game. I suck at bowling but it was nice that I at least managed to get a "passing" score. I got 73 out of a 100.

At least my manager's phone call had good things. She told me that my raise was being pushed through because they had to make retro adjustments, that I had another review coming up so I'll have another raise, and that I was eligible for bonus which I will get in my next pay check.

I left at around 8pm. I figured if I'm not comfortable then I might as well just go home and watch "Gilmore Girls." After the program, I went to the kitchen and cooked some dinner. I was starving. "One Tree Hill" was on so I watched it while eating. The whole love saga in that show reminded me on why I wanted to be single.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home