OzEaN's ViEw

My life, my views, my words.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Short but aims high

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Wearing it out

So I did finally went back to sleep at past 6am this morning. I kept waking up almost every hour. I decided that it was hopeless at past 10am so I decided to get up. I wonder how many people nowadays are sick of chicken soup. I've been eating nothing but chicken soup since Monday, with an exception of a couple of lunch meals and some bread on the side. On the upside, I had an avocado shake this evening even though it was supposed to be bad for me.

The errands that I was supposed to run earlier were still not done. I guess there's always tomorrow. I still have to buy my costume for the halloween party this coming Saturday. I submitted my paper, though, and my professor wished me well. I kinda have to. It's our midterm next week.

My friend is going to have a birthday bash on Dec. 18th and I have a significant role. All the invitations are done and printed out, just need some punch holes for the ribbons, and are going to be sent out next week. Here's the thing, though. My cousin called me at around 8pm and told me that he was getting married and asked me to be one of the bride's maids. Guess when their wedding date is. That's right, Dec. 18th. Go figure. But he's family and we practically grew up together so I would have to go. So I called my friend immediately after I hang up to tell her that I couldn't make it on her birthday shindig. After so much apologies, she said she understand. I know she was disappointed. I would be, too, if I was in her situation. See, she's the kind of person who plans things out ahead of time. And me bailing out on her doesn't help, and of course, would lead to disappointment. Even though she said she understood because family comes first, I know what she must be feeling. I feel guilty also because I promised to be there. I promised to be one of those people who would be there to light up her path and wish her nothing but good things. I told her I'll make it up to her. Honestly, I don't know how I'm going to do that. That's one night I'm going to miss out. That's one night I could never get back again. That's the night they're going to have their last dance.

I guess I should go and try to get some sleep now. I'm working tomorrow and have to get up at 4am. I have some time to rest after because I get off from work before 11am. Then we have a meeting at 2pm, afterwards would be my co-worker's baby shower. I'm still clogged up and sick but I'm getting better, just wearing it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home