OzEaN's ViEw

My life, my views, my words.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Short but aims high

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Insomnia

in·som·ni·a n. Chronic inability to fall asleep or remain asleep for an adequate length of time.

I slept at around 11pm. I woke up at 12:30am. I tried to sleep again and woke up at around 2am. I've been awake since. It's amazing how many thoughts can cross in a mind in a couple of hours that you're willing yourself to sleep...things that I could be doing, things that need to be done, to do list for the day, what had happened, what could happen, what I want to happen...it goes on and on, and yet, I'm still awake. Not just awake, mind you, WIDE AWAKE! My sleep deprivation might be because I'm used to getting up early. I usually get up at 4am to get ready for work. My internal clock might've been thrown off now that I have 2-days off from work. Still, it doesn't make sense that I'm awake at 2am with only more or less than a couple of hours of sleep. Another reason might be because of the cold (and I've been sneezing in the middle of the night, too!) I still have. It's one of the reasons why I'm in and out of my sleep for the past couple of days. But at least in previous nights, I get to go back to sleep. But I think I'm feeling better even though I don't have much sleep. I don't have headache anymore and the sinus has mellowed down. I've been drinking meds and lots of aqua, not to mention I've been drowning myself with hot tea and soup, so I guess those helped a lot. Still, I don't think I'm going to my night class tonight. I don't trust myself driving home at 10pm and my school is a 40-minute drive. So I'm just going to submit my paper during my professor's office hours and then go back to bed. I might have some errands to run today but that all depends if my lack of sleep would give me enough energy to get things done. For the meantime, I'll try to bore myself - which is hard coz I know a million things on how to amuse myself - and maybe I can get back to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home